We are Berdick...
Berdick Window & Door is a company that provides PEACE OF MIND knowing that the company (in existence since 1969) will look after its customers – 100% of the time.
- Industry leading warranty, life time on most components.
- Best-in-class service including highly skilled Service Technician with ‘zero call-back’ philosophy.
- Products fully tested according to 2008 & 2011 NAFS (North American Fenestration Standards); incorporating Canadian Supplement A440-S109. Thermal performance certifications include both NFRC (US) &NRCan, certifications by NAMI (National Accreditation & Management Institute Inc.).
- Sales & production processes controlled by Fenevision ERP system including customer quoting & order entry, fully integrated into manufacturing, shipping, warehouse, inventory, purchasing & accounting processes, enables Berdick to:
- Achieve low lead times even during peak demand months.
- Provide accurate delivery dates to our customers.
- Provide accurate paperwork to our customers as it relates to invoicing, statements, etc.
- In-house painting & staining capabilities utilizing state-of-the-art equipment including cross-draft paint booth & segregated curing room (temperature & humidity controlled) ensuring optimal drying & cure times.
- Paint operation occurs after boxes are constructed meaning zero touch-up paint required at corners, any color available, color matching available.
- Comprehensive Quality Assurance program implemented at all operator work stations ensuring reproducibility & repeatability of key production processes.
- Product deliveries are carried out by Berdick staff unless not practically feasible due to geography.
- Shop (CAD) drawings provided by in-house drafting department.
- Highly experienced & knowledgeable sales & operations staff – ‘solutions provider’ mind-set common across all departments.
Fibreglass makes the difference...
- Provides a solution where architectural considerations are important including large viewing areas, the ability to create a “wall of windows” & interior color requirements. Competes in the aluminum storefront markets.
- Fiberglass profiles expand & contract at the same rate as glass, ensuring top performance in extreme weather conditions.
- Closed-back tubular fiberglass profiles used in combination with 4:1 epoxy resin bonding material (no mechanical fastening) ensuring air & water tight corners, low thermal transfer.
- Die cut foam insulation inserted where required ensuring optimized thermal performance.
- Polymer backing material (inserted into entire length of profile) ensuring industry-leading screw retention (& serviceability) at all hardware connecting points.
- 44mm OD glass thickness available, enabling true ½” airspaces when using 6mm glass.
- Various aluminum brickmold styles available, a solution for every new home or renovation application.
- Triple seal weather-stripping standard on all operating windows.
- 100% perimeter heal beading (around sealed units) on all fiberglass windows.
Best in PVC...
- High-end stainless-steel hardware & gasket components used in all products.
- Re-enforced screw retention on operator frame at hinge track.
- All PVC extrusions sourced within Canada demonstrating superior gloss & surface finish & above average exterior wall thickness.
- Optimized internal wall chamber system ensuring optimized thermal performance.
- A combination of EPDM & Santoprene gaskets rolled-in (not co-extruded) ensuring protection against harsh winter climates.
- Basement in-swing awning features 1-3/8” OD glass thickness w/ friction ‘stay’ hinges & gas lift cylinders to accommodate larger sizes.
- Slider windows feature true 1-3/8” OD glass thickness enabling ½” air space in combination with 3mm & 4mm glass thickness.
- Argon injected into all cavities for all LoE windows.
- Numerous brickmold designs available enabling solutions for all new construction or renovation scenarios.
- Vinyl wrapped finish in multiple colors for the exterior of casement, awning, picture & fixed frames, custom interior application of vinyl wrap finish available upon request.
Best of both worlds...
European Tilt & Turn PVC Windows
- MD76 Kommerling PVC profiles used on all products, triple seal & optimized for wall thickness, surface finish & energy efficiency.
- Siegenia ‘hidden hinge’ technology used on all products.
- The combination of triple seal & concealed hinge technology enables Berdick to place the hinge between the 2nd exterior Seal & the primary interior seal to ensure it’s protected from the warm moist air inside the house & the cold air outside during winter months, reducing the risk of condensation or frost.
- All pvc & aluminum brickmold options are available for our tilt & turn product offering.
- 44mm OD glass thickness available, enabling true ½” airspaces when using 6mm glass & single window units up to 49 sq ft (some width or height limitations may apply).
- In addition to a standard white color, a variety of interior & exterior vinyl options are available including several ‘wood-look’ choices.
- All profiles are fully steel re-enforced allowing for constructions of over-sized operators.
Enter into a new class...
- Extruded polymer sill standard on all products, no chance of wood rot.
- Multi-point lock systems available in a variety of colors, styles and configurations.
- As a result of the compression ‘EPDM’ gasket installed on the frame (that runs on the same plane around the entire door slab), door sweep not required, ensures an aesthetically superior product w/ outstanding air & water performance ratings.
- CNC machining of all door frames ensuring tight tolerances of hinge placement.
- CNC machining of all door slabs ensuring tight tolerances of hinge & hardware points & accuracy for glass insert placement.
- All steel & fiberglass slabs pre-finished meaning additional paint is not required to activate warranty.
- All frames made from composite materials ensuring zero potential for rot (wood grain or smooth) that can be stained or painted.
- Black vinyl wrap is available as a standard finish for smooth composite frames, other colors can be custom selected.
- Various brickmold styles available, a solution for every application.
- Stainless steel, ball-bearing hinges used on all doors.